BMW 3-Series got a version with a 340-horsepower diesel engineFebruary 19, 2020
BMW Corporation has shown new modifications to the 3-Series sedan and station wagon under the designation M340d xDrive – with the flagship diesel power unit. The car will be presented to the public in March at the motor show in Geneva.
The BMW M340d xDrive Sedan and M340d xDrive Touring received a 3.0-liter 6-cylinder turbocharged diesel engine with a capacity of 340 hp. and a torque of 750 Nm. The engine was equipped with an aluminum crankcase and cylinder head, as well as a sports exhaust system M Sport.
The power unit operates according to the “moderate hybrid” scheme – together with a 48-volt starter-generator, providing an additional 11 hp. Together with the installation work 8-band automatic transmission and four-wheel drive. The sedan can accelerate to 100 km / h in 4.6 seconds, and the station wagon picks up the first 100 kph 0.2 seconds slower.
New items are standardly equipped with a sports M-differential on the rear axle and a sports M-suspension, as well as front 4-piston brakes with 348 mm discs.
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup
- Low-mileage Cadillac XLR-V goes on sale
- Serial Ford Bronco will not receive doors with holes