Bentley Flying Spur test with V8 engineJuly 10, 2019
The company launched the Bentley Flying Spur for testing, which is tested along with the electric Porsche Taycan, which is more track-oriented. Their capabilities were compared at the Nürburgring.
Taycan represents the future of the Volkswagen Group, the parent company of both brands. Volkswagen hopes to sell about a million electric vehicles annually. At the same time, the Bentley Flying Spur continues to connect with the past. However, it has been updated to modern luxury standards.
Judging by the exhaust system, this Flying Spur does not come with a W12 engine, but with a V8. However, the test prototype may be diesel. Over the next couple of years, a hybrid model may appear.
The wheelbase of the model has increased by 130 mm. The new Flying Spur will be built on the same platform as the Panamera, so under the hood will be installed the same 4.0-liter V8, which generates 550 hp and 770 Nm of torque. It will be supplemented by a 48-volt system, the energy of which will power the steering and air suspension.
Automatic parking and a night vision system will be offered, which is also designed to facilitate parking in the dark.
- Peugeot entered the top 50 most beloved French companies
- Nissan Note 2021 showed from all sides before the premiere
- Almost nothing left: Tesla Model 3 after collision with a tree crumbled to pieces
- Hyundai will help British billionaire revive Defender
- Rivian has already sold out the first series of its electric vehicles