Bentley decided to set a new Pikes Pick recordMarch 27, 2019
Bentley will return to Pikes Peak to set a new record for road cars. Driving a Continental GT coupe, the two-time race winner Rice Millen will ride
On June 30 of this year, Bentley will try to set a new Pikes Pick record for production cars. For the race, the company will prepare a new Continental GT with a twin-turbo engine W12, which produces 635 horsepower and 900 Nm of torque. Combined with an eight-band “automatic” and all-wheel drive, it accelerates the two-door to “hundred” in 3.7 seconds. The maximum speed of the car is 333 kilometers per hour.
Last year, Rhys Millen at the Bentley Bentayga set a Pikes Peak race record among crossovers. He overcame a nearly 20-kilometer mountain track in 10 minutes 49.9 seconds, nearly two minutes by improving the result of Paul Dallenbach in the Range Rover Sport.
In honor of the record Bentley released a special version of Bentayga called Pikes Peak. The crossover is offered in black Deep Beluga Black or bright green Radium. All the chrome parts on it are replaced with blackened ones, the 22-inch wheels are two-tone, and the Pikes Peak logos flaunt on the front fenders.
- Sales of “charged” versions of liftback and station wagon Volkswagen Arteon started in Europe
- Great Wall showed Chinese electric car with Porsche Panamera design
- Mazda will release a special series of sedans and station wagons Mazda 6 Kuro Edition
- Tesla settles lawsuit against its former engineer
- Subaru recalls nearly a million vehicles