Benito Guerra beat all rivals in the Race of Champions and won the cupJanuary 21, 2019
In Mexico City, a race between champions of various series took place at the Foro Sol Stadium. Guerra beat Loic Duval, the winner of the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2013, in the final.
The best racers of the world take part in the international race. The competition has been held since 1988 between participants in Formula 1, WRC, IndyCar, NASCAR, as well as body racing, such as the WTCC. On the track, pilots drive in body cars or buggies.
At the group stage, the Mexican Benito Guerra was able to get around Vettel, Coulthard and Mick Schumacher, and in the quarterfinals he was ahead of Pierre Gasli. In the semifinals, he ended up with Esteban Gutierrez, another Mexican, but did not lose his place in the final either.
Loic Duval became the second finalist, losing to Guerre in the first run 1.9 seconds, and in the second – 0.590 seconds. So in the end, the best of the best became Guerra.
- Honda CR-V, Accord and NSX will go electric
- Alibaba founded e-mobility startup in China with SAIC
- What will the Renault Megane look like when it switches to electricity?
- Lotus partner to create lithium-sulfur battery for luxury boat
- See the giant Mad Max snow blower for Pikes Peak