BAT Extends McLaren SponsorshipNovember 28, 2019
British American Tobacco left Formula 1 more than ten years ago when the European Union restricted tobacco advertising at sports events, but now sponsors the McLaren team and plans to expand the contract next year by promoting alternatives to smoking.
During the Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi, BAT will introduce the Vuse vaping brand, and the next season will use the Glo and Velo brands on McLaren cars in Indycar.
This year, in countries where tobacco advertising is banned, advertisements of other brands – 7-Eleven and Dufry – appeared on McLaren machines, and the BAT slogan “A Better Tomorrow” was used in China.
- Key BMW and Mini models lose diesel engines
- Toyota suspends work at India plant again due to strike
- BMW is preparing for restyling crossover BMW X5
- 2021 Honda City hatchback unveiled
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz Metris gets new design and more options