BAT Extends McLaren SponsorshipNovember 28, 2019
British American Tobacco left Formula 1 more than ten years ago when the European Union restricted tobacco advertising at sports events, but now sponsors the McLaren team and plans to expand the contract next year by promoting alternatives to smoking.
During the Grand Prix of Abu Dhabi, BAT will introduce the Vuse vaping brand, and the next season will use the Glo and Velo brands on McLaren cars in Indycar.
This year, in countries where tobacco advertising is banned, advertisements of other brands – 7-Eleven and Dufry – appeared on McLaren machines, and the BAT slogan “A Better Tomorrow” was used in China.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station