BAC Mono track car will receive experimental alloySeptember 23, 2020
We are talking about niobium – a special soft metal that, for example, can be found in the parts of jet engines and rockets. It is planned to be used in the manufacture of individual components of the chassis and suspension of the barquette – lighter with better strength.
English BAC won a government grant. With it, the firm will be able to experiment with niobium alloys.
In the modern automotive industry, this metal can be quite useful. It is plastic, not afraid of corrosion and weighs little. The funding received will go towards the creation of a prototype of the power structure of the BAC Mono track car. And a Brazilian company working with niobium will participate in the work on this bold project. If the experiment is successful, then the British are going to start a series of such an alloy.
This is not the first such project for BAC. Four years ago, the firm revolutionized the use of graphene in the rear wheel arches.
Previously, our portal said that BMW engineers are working on an innovative technology for road recognition. The “smart” system will be able to recognize the type of coverage under the wheels of the car, thanks to the so-called “tactile sensing”.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web