Autopilot Tesla Model X off the road and got into an accident, not allowing the driver to regain controlFebruary 13, 2019
The autopilot system in Tesla cars is really impressive. Just recently, we saw how the Model 3 car reacted to a dramatically dangerous situation.
However, what will happen if the autopilot fails in one form or another during operation? Sooner or later it had to happen and that happened.
In one of the cities of New Jersey Tesla car got into an accident. If you believe the driver, it happened because the electric car simply moved out of the road, ramming a few road signs. However, we have already heard similar stories, and one ended tragically. In the same situation, the most important thing is that the driver tried to take control, but the car did not let him do it.
Of course, this statement will still have to be checked by the police, but if it is confirmed, the precedent will be very serious. True, interestingly, the police did not bring any charges against the driver himself, who, by the way, was not injured.
Tesla has already responded to the situation, saying that Tesla cars are designed so that the driver always has the ability to self-control. In particular, the brake pedal has a circuit independent of the autopilot.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires