Autonomous Waymo car was able to drive through the intersection with the traffic controllerFebruary 22, 2019
The company published a video in which the Chrysler Pacifica autonomous minivan successfully crossed a crossroads, which was controlled by a traffic controller. The traffic light, apparently, was broken.
Autonomous car stopped before going to the intersection, and then followed the commands of the traffic controller. In Waymo, it is noted that this scenario is not difficult for an ordinary driver, but it carries the very unpredictability that autonomous systems developers are trying to foresee.
The representative of Waymo noted that the system was convinced of the absence of a burning red color, waited for the signal of the traffic controller and followed his instructions.
- Volkswagen has announced the premiere of the new generation “charged” Golf R
- Panasonic is going to release new Tesla batteries
- Citroen has achieved a ban on the sale of Polestar 2 in France
- The rare Mauck MSV 1120s camper is on sale
- The 1975 Ford Bronco with a V8 engine went on sale