Automakers are missing $ 100 billion due to coronavirusApril 6, 2020
It became known that experts predict the grim situation of automakers, as they will lose about $ 100 billion in profit if quarantine due to the coronavirus epidemic is extended until the end of this month.
Note that European enterprises that produce vehicles and components for them are currently closed for quarantine, which was extended until the end of the month. The same situation is in North America.
It is known that some of the enterprises were reoriented to the production of mechanical ventilation apparatuses in order to provide vital hospital equipment. So, each subsequent week of plant downtime, as well as the dealer network, will cost European automobile manufacturers 8 billion euros, and North American 7.5 billion dollars.
- Skoda prepares rival Renault Duster for sale
- Mercedes-Benz CL600 coupe from the 90s for sale
- Tesla will build a new plant to assemble trucks and sports cars
- All-new Nissan Skyline R34 sports car for half a million dollars at auction
- Photos of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 with solar panels on the roof published