Audi S8 showed better dynamics than statedAugust 26, 2020
This data was shared by automobile bloggers after conducting their own tests of the novelty.
The Audi S8 has been claimed to have excellent dynamics thanks to its powerful powertrain. Bloggers from YouTube channel CarWOW tested such a car, measuring the acceleration time from standstill to 100 km / h, 100 mph, as well as the time required to travel a quarter mile. Interest in our own tests arose after rumors began to appear about the dynamics, much better than stated.
Recall that under the hood of the Audi S8 is a 4.0-liter V8 engine, which is capable of delivering 571 hp. at 800 Nm of torque. Already in the starting configuration, the car gets four-wheel drive and an active rear differential. The only obstacle to rapid acceleration is considered to be a large mass – the Audi S8 weighs 2,400 kilograms. The test results were really surprising with a plus sign.
From standstill to 100 km / h, the car was able to accelerate in just 3.25 seconds, which is 0.55 seconds better than the stated result. It takes 8.09 seconds to set a speed of 100 mph, and only 11.52 seconds to cover a distance of 400 meters. Thus, in terms of dynamic performance, a large sedan will be able to compete with even the best supercars.
- Honda will no longer install vacuum cleaners in Honda Odyssey minivans
- Another Tesla Model 3 exploded in the garage
- New DS7 Crossback Louvre Edition will showcase the Louvre’s most significant projects on the multimedia screen
- General Motors and its Cruise project will help Honda implement robotic taxi in Japan
- Vietnamese company VinFast unveils three electric crossovers