Audi made a remake of a classic ski jump ad, replacing the Audi 100 sedan with an Audi e-throne electrocrossFebruary 22, 2019
Recently, the German automaker Audi pleased potential buyers with comic advertising of its electric vehicles (by the way, if you haven’t seen it yet, then take a look), and now decided to make a remake of its famous classic advertising about a ski jump.
Recall that in 1986 the Germans shot a video of how an all-wheel drive Audi 100 CS quattro climbs a ski jump in Kaipola (Finland), overcoming a slope of 77%. In the remake, his role is played by the Audi e-tron electrocrosover, which is trying to penetrate an even steeper slope (85%) of the Streif ski slope in Kitzbühel (Austria).
Naturally, advertising would not be advertising if the newcomer could not defeat the old model, especially given the difference in the level of technology and the fact that the rallycross world champion Swedish racing driver Mattias Ekström was driving.
For comparison, here’s the classic movie with the Audi 100 CS quattro ICE sedan:
Audi e-tron electrocross is equipped with two electric motors, the rear one produces 140 kW (plus 25 kW in a special Boost mode), the front one – 125 kW (plus 10 kW extra), which in total gives 265 kW and 561 Nm in normal mode or 300 kW and 664 Nm in Boost mode.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious