Audi lured away a top manager of BMWJanuary 6, 2019
According to The Welt, former vice president of the BMW brand and until recently, Hildegard Wortmann, director of sales in the ATP region, can go to work at Audi.
The leadership of Audi is undergoing major changes. In December 2018, Bram Shot became the new head of this company. He needs “his own team.” Apparently, Wortmann will join it to help Audi catch up with Mercedes-Benz and BMW.
In 2017, Hildegard Wortmann was reportedly wanted to be appointed to the post of head of sales for BMW. However, in the end, instead of her, this position went to Peter Note from the Dutch company Philips. As for Wortmann, she was sent to lead sales in the Asia-Pacific region (except China).
Wortmann worked at BMW for twenty years. Thanks to her efforts in 2001, the MINI brand was successfully restarted.
At Audi, Wortmann will take over as Managing Director. According to the German press, she will begin her work on July 1, 2019.
- Nissan dedicated a version of the GT-R Nismo supercar to McDonald’s
- Aston Martin gets ready for summer with a pastel car collection
- Watch the new Bentley Flying Spur V8 zip along the Autobahn
- Camouflaged Mercedes Maybach S-Class prototype spotted
- Max Verstappen won the Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix,