Audi is preparing to launch three more plug-in hybridsSeptember 11, 2020
Audi will add three new plug-in hybrids to its lineup in the coming months. The end result is eight models.
Plug-in hybrids are in high demand from various manufacturers. It’s the same with Audi. The current range is five PHEVs because the Audi A6, A7, A8, Q5 and Q7 can be partially electrically powered if desired. Taking the A6, there is a choice of 50 TFSI-e and 55 TFSI-e with outputs ranging from 299 to 367 hp. Without a drop of gasoline, this version covers just over 50 electric kilometers. The largest model in the range, the Q7, buyers can also choose from two plug-in hybrid versions: the 55 and 60 TFSI-e.
However, Audi has not yet finished work with an electrified powertrain. Three more models with plug-in hybrid powertrains are reported to arrive within a few months. While everyone is wondering what models they will be, the most obvious candidate for a PHEV version is the Audi A3. Apparently, he will soon get acquainted with the same technology that is already available in the Golf, Leon and Octavia. Besides, Q3 and Q8 have great chances. Ultimately there will be eight PHEV models in the range.
- Porsche tests the powerful Cayman GT4 RS coupe
- Bloodhound will not be able to set a new world speed record
- Details of the updated Toyota Prius have become known
- Drone photographed the mysterious Tesla at a factory in the United States
- Rent a 2021 Ford Bronco will be cheaper than the more affordable Bronco Sport