Audi e-Tron will receive “charged” versionsMarch 5, 2020
Audi is set to increase the appeal of its all-electric SUVs by adding sports versions of the S e-tron and e-tron Sportback.
The new models combine three electric motors for more power and greater control at high speeds in an attempt to attract buyers who could choose the working variations of the Tesla Model X instead.
Both S models use a motor delivering up to 496 hp. from 402 hp Additional power reduces the acceleration time to 100 km / h to 4.5 seconds, compared with 5.7 seconds in the 55th version and 6.8 seconds in the weaker model 50.
In Model S, the rear engine is moved to the front axle, which adds two more engines to the rear axle. Two rear engines provide the main driving force in normal driving, and the front engine helps when more acceleration is needed or when traction is detected.
The production of the E-tron at the Audi factory in Brussels, Belgium, had to be suspended at the end of February due to battery problems. German media reported that the problem arose due to the lack of cells supplied by Audi to Poland. The price tag on the S model will range from 90,000 to 100,000 euros. E-tron starts with 69,100 euros for 50 models in Germany, and Sportback – from 71,350 euros.
- In Brazil, a bus crashed from a 35-meter bridge
- LG Chem will double its battery production to meet growing Tesla demand
- Started accepting orders for an electric car with a power reserve of 1,600 kilometers
- Honda will stop selling cars with internal combustion engines in Europe
- Siemens and Porsche to build a climate-neutral fuel plant