Audi celebrates the 25th anniversary of the RS lineJuly 17, 2019
The first model of the sports family was released in 1994. It was an RS 2 Avant, based on 80 (B4).
In the engine compartment of the anniversary Audi RS 2 Avant was located a five-cylinder 20-valve power unit, whose power was 315 hp Together with him, the Quattro all-wheel drive transmission operated with a self-locking center differential. This box is very popular in rally cars.
The total number of models in the sports family is 25, which symbolically coincides with the 25th birthday. This year, the German manufacturer for a beautiful number released a brand new Audi RS 5 Sportback and TT RS Coup.
Also in the near future it is planned to release such cars as the RS 7 Sportback, RS 6 and RS 6 Avant. The company promises their appearance either at the end of the current year, or at the beginning of the next.
- Paul McCartney’s Mercedes-Benz 500 SEL Lorinser sold at auction
- A documentary about Rimac appeared on the web
- On tests, a prototype of a “charged” crossover BMW X4 M 2022 was seen
- Daimler unveils new professional Western Star 49X truck
- Buyers are not happy with the quality of the Dodge Demon coupe paintwork