Audi again had problems with the production of electric cars e-tronApril 22, 2019
The company does not have enough batteries
Audi has been forced to extend delivery times to its first electric model, the e-tron crossover. The problem is a shortage of batteries. Also, the manufacturer has reduced the planned volume of production of electric vehicles by 10 thousand copies.
Publication of The Brussels Times writes that the only supplier of batteries for Audi e-tron – the South Korean LG Chem – has again raised prices. This forced the company to adjust its release plans for this year and reduce the volume by more than 10 thousand cars to 45,242 copies. In addition, the delivery of electrical power plants was delayed by a strike at a motor factory in the Hungarian city of Gyor.
The Audi Brussels plant, where they release e-tron, is now working six hours a day instead of the eight. According to the representative of the brand, the delay in deliveries can be from two to 6-7 months.
Audi is not the first time faced with problems in the production of e-tron. In October last year, the company had to postpone the launch of the crossover in the series due to errors in software and a sudden increase in battery prices. Then they said that the delay could be several months.
- Carlex Design atelier unveiled the exterior of the new Land Rover Defender
- New Haval H6 will receive a hybrid power plant
- A motorhome based on the Hummer H1 SUV went on sale
- Genesis has decided on the date of the debut of the new crossover GV70
- Ex-Tesla employee will pay the automaker $ 400 thousand to reveal trade secrets