Audi again had problems with the production of electric cars e-tronApril 22, 2019
The company does not have enough batteries
Audi has been forced to extend delivery times to its first electric model, the e-tron crossover. The problem is a shortage of batteries. Also, the manufacturer has reduced the planned volume of production of electric vehicles by 10 thousand copies.
Publication of The Brussels Times writes that the only supplier of batteries for Audi e-tron – the South Korean LG Chem – has again raised prices. This forced the company to adjust its release plans for this year and reduce the volume by more than 10 thousand cars to 45,242 copies. In addition, the delivery of electrical power plants was delayed by a strike at a motor factory in the Hungarian city of Gyor.
The Audi Brussels plant, where they release e-tron, is now working six hours a day instead of the eight. According to the representative of the brand, the delay in deliveries can be from two to 6-7 months.
Audi is not the first time faced with problems in the production of e-tron. In October last year, the company had to postpone the launch of the crossover in the series due to errors in software and a sudden increase in battery prices. Then they said that the delay could be several months.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious