Audi abandoned plans to release an electric Audi A8April 2, 2020
The network has information that Audi has decided to focus on the development of electric versions of crossovers.
The company abandoned its plans to release the next generation A8 completely with an electric power plant. An Audi development spokesman said that “instead, we are going to expand the driving range of our plug-in hybrid to more than 47 km.”
At an annual general meeting, Audi spokesman Bram Schott said a decision to make the A8 fully electrified is currently pending.
“The new generation A8 has every chance of being completely electric. However, this has not yet been decided, ”Schott said during the presentation.
In addition, Schott also stated that it is possible to use electric power units in the following TT and R8.
- Mercedes-Benz recalls 270,000 C-Class cars over potential fire
- Volvo will turn its hometown into a green polygon by 2030
- Hydrogen hypercar Hyperion XP-1 spotted on trials in Las Vegas
- Updated crossover Kia Sportage will be presented in 2021
- Coupe-cross Volkswagen Tiguan X is sold much worse than the standard version