Audi abandoned autopilot in the A8April 28, 2020
The web has information that the third-level autonomous movement system that was announced for the Audi A8 is most likely not to appear on the flagship sedan.
It is known that this technology, due to legislative restrictions, cannot be homologated in any country in the world. Also, corporate lawyers oppose her. The Traffic Jam Pilot system, which corresponds to the third level of autonomy according to SAE classification, would enable the Audi A8 to move in unmanned mode on highways.
This technology allows you not to keep your hands on the steering wheel, and also does not require constant monitoring of the road. When the driver has a desire to switch to manual mode again, the system will notify him of this with a sound signal or may slow the car down to a complete stop. In this regard, the company was not able to homologize Traffic Jam Pilot.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious