Audi abandoned autopilot in the A8April 28, 2020
The web has information that the third-level autonomous movement system that was announced for the Audi A8 is most likely not to appear on the flagship sedan.
It is known that this technology, due to legislative restrictions, cannot be homologated in any country in the world. Also, corporate lawyers oppose her. The Traffic Jam Pilot system, which corresponds to the third level of autonomy according to SAE classification, would enable the Audi A8 to move in unmanned mode on highways.
This technology allows you not to keep your hands on the steering wheel, and also does not require constant monitoring of the road. When the driver has a desire to switch to manual mode again, the system will notify him of this with a sound signal or may slow the car down to a complete stop. In this regard, the company was not able to homologize Traffic Jam Pilot.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air