Audi A6 and Q8 received high safety ratings from IIHSMarch 22, 2019
The US Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has tested the new Audi A6 and Q8. Sedan and crossover received a score of “good” for tests that mimic scenarios of road accidents. The automatic collision avoidance system was rated as “excellent.”
The updated version of the Audi A6 received the highest rating of Top Safety Pick Plus thanks to two available optional headlights that were rated “good.” In the basic version, the headlights were rated “below average”.
The Audi Q8 was rated “Top Safety Pick” because even the optional headlights have an “acceptable” rating. Higher rating implies a rating of not less than “good”. The base lights of the crossover were evaluated at all on the “bad” because of the excessive glare from the low beam.
- Superformance has modernized the legendary Shelby Daytona
- Sony has no plans to release a production version of the Vision-S concept
- Latest internal combustion engine Lotus debuts this summer
- New Nissan Ariya spotted on tests in Japan
- BMW will cut its lineup for profit