At an auction in California, a McLaren sports car sold for a record $ 19.8 millionAugust 20, 2019
It is known that one of two existing copies of this 1994 model was put up for auction. Four buyers fought for the right to be the new owner of this unique sports car.
Sports car McLaren F1 was sold at auction in the US city of Monterey (California) for a record amount of $ 19.8 million! This was reported by TASS with reference to the press service of the auction house Sotheby’s, which organized these tenders. Four customers at once fought for this unique “lot” for four and a half minutes. As a result, the victory went to a collector from the United States, who became the new owner of one of the two existing sports cars of this 1994 model, which the manufacturer supplied with several advanced parts.
The car has maintained excellent condition, and its mileage is about 21.5 thousand kilometers.
Sotheby’s noted that until that day, no McLaren had been auctioned for such big money. At the same time, the lot was initially valued at between $ 21 and $ 23 million. In addition to McLaren F1, dozens of exclusive and rare cars were presented at the annual Monterey auction, which worked from August 15 to 17.
- Ford Bronco now available with 7-speed manual transmission
- Mercedes has decided to postpone the premiere of the electric crossover EQA
- Drag racing: Porsche 911 Carrera S or Chevy Camaro ZL1
- Engine of 3000-horsepower diesel truck explodes on dyno
- Nissan Maxima received an anniversary special version