Aston Martin may leave the Canadian billionaireJanuary 19, 2020
Canadian billionaire Lawrence Stroll became the main candidate for the purchase of a share in the British Aston Martin Lagonda Global Holdings, as interest from a rival Chinese investor has declined significantly.
Chinese car tycoon Li Shufu of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group has lowered interest in a deal with Aston Martin. This is reported by Automotive News, citing its sources. According to insiders, Aston Martin may decide on its future fate as early as this month.
As Bloomberg News reported, Canadian billionaire Lawrence Scroll is discussing potential investment in a British company in the amount of about 200 million pounds ($ 261 million). Note that Aston Martin was in talks with several potential investors about additional investments in their business.
Final agreements have not been reached, and the automaker may not come to an agreement or decide not to attract new investors, informed informants say. Representatives of Aston Martin and Geely declined to comment, while contacting representatives of the billionaire has not yet been possible.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network