Aston Martin and Mercedes to launch Formula 1 safety carsNovember 18, 2020
The RaceFans portal writes about this.
According to published data, from 2021 Aston Martin and Mercedes-Benz will become safety cars in Formula 1 races. It is reported that 12 of the 23 races in the 2021 season will feature a V8-powered Aston Martin DBX crossover.
The rest of the 2021 Grand Prix races will feature the Mercedes-AMG GT R, which features the same twin-turbo 4.0-liter petrol V8 as the Aston Martin crossover. Such a car has been used in racing since 2018. The second Mercedes-Benz car is the Mercedes-AMG C63 S Estate, which is used as a medical aid.
Let us remind you that at present the companies Mercedes-Benz and Aston Martin are in close cooperation. In particular, about 20% of the shares of Aston Martin are owned by their partners from Daimler.
- The interior of the new Genesis G90 was first shown in the photo
- Hyundai showed the updated crossover Tucson L
- Audi TTS Competition Plus for the European market will be more powerful
- The prices for the new SUV from Nissan have been announced
- Rolls-Royce cars get new body colors