Artificial intelligence is to blame: Toyota has problems with Supra customersJanuary 25, 2019
The Japanese company has announced the acceptance of pre-orders for a special version of the Toyota Supra Launch Edition.
This model has a matte gray body color, matte black alloy wheels and leather trim that is decorated in red.
90 sports coupes were destined for the European market, of which 24 were to be sold in the UK. However, the British division of Toyota suddenly found out that due to a computer malfunction more than 24 pre-orders were accepted with a prepayment of £ 1000 ($ 1,300).
The automaker has already sent out an apology letter to customers, and also offers to cancel the order and return the deposit to those who are not among the first 24 customers. As an alternative, Toyota also offers them, instead of a special version, to get the top-of-the-line Supra Pro, as well as a two-year free service and an invitation to upcoming Toyota Gazoo Motorsport events.
“There was a technical failure in our order system, which allowed us to accept pre-orders over the established limit. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointment that this message will cause you, ”- says in a letter from Toyota.
- Skoda prepares rival Renault Duster for sale
- Mercedes-Benz CL600 coupe from the 90s for sale
- Tesla will build a new plant to assemble trucks and sports cars
- All-new Nissan Skyline R34 sports car for half a million dollars at auction
- Photos of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 with solar panels on the roof published