Around the world on an electric car for 300 bucks and three yearsApril 10, 2019
The longest journey on an electric car lasted 3 years, and only $ 300 was spent on the “fuel”.
Dutchman Vibe Wacker officially completed the longest electric car journey in the world, which lasted three years. During this time, a young adventurer traveled 94,950 kilometers from Amsterdam to Sydney.
The journey began on March 15, 2016, and the electric version of the Volkswagen Golf was chosen as a vehicle with a range of up to 230 km per charge. Wacker’s path ran through 33 countries, where he found those who would shelter him for the night and put the car in charge.
Vibe calculated that a Golf with an internal combustion engine would burn about 8150 liters of gasoline for this journey. The electric version required only $ 300 to charge.
This run Dutchman made in support of electric vehicles, and we can say that he achieved the goal: the difference in the cost of fuel and electricity is impressive. But three years on the road and moving in spurts of 200 km somewhat cooled the heat.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air