Arai first received FIM Gold Medal for Safe EquipmentDecember 7, 2019
This year, FIM Motorsport Federation awarded the prestigious Nicolas Rodil del Valle gold medal to helmet manufacturer Arai Helmets.
The Nicolas Rodil del Valle Award was introduced in 1983. She is usually awarded to individuals for her great contribution to motorcycling and business management. For the first time in the entire 36-year history, the medal was awarded to the helmet manufacturer.
The award was presented at a gala ceremony in Monte Carlo, Monaco. Michio Arai, son of company founder Hirotake Arai and current CEO, received an award from FIM President Jorge Viegas. According to a press release, Arai earned the award for the great safety achievements of many riders and the many improvements in the world of motorsport over the years.
In response, Arai, as the first helmet manufacturer in Japan, promised to continue making helmets without compromising safety.
The first Arai helmet was born in October 1950 …
- Bill Gates doesn’t believe in electric cars
- Two Lamborghini Sian hybrid supercars arrive in London
- Peugeot introduced the updated crossovers Peugeot 3008 and 5008
- SSC Tuatara hypercar sets new world speed record
- Diesel cars will disappear before gasoline ones