Announced the release of the “charged” Toyota GR CorollaApril 18, 2020
With the same three-cylinder turbocharger as the GR Yaris-inspired rally, this car is designed to prove that the Corolla can be as cool as the GTI.
This story originally appeared in the Car and Driver issue in May 2020. A fashionable version of Corolla with the GR emblem (for “Gazoo Racing”) will be available soon. This will be Toyota’s first sports compact car with a high-speed Corolla XRS from the mid-2000s. This car will also apologize to the Americans, who are upset that they didn’t get the stunning GR Yaris inspired rally. GR-Corolla is due to appear in 2022 with a starting price of around $ 30,000.
GR Corolla will use the powerful turbocharged engine from GR Yaris, which pumps out 257 horsepower and 266 lb-ft of torque from just three cylinders with a 1.6-liter displacement. The same TNGA basics as the standard Corolla will be used, but they will be improved by tighter suspension settings, larger brakes and larger wheels wrapped in dirty summer tires.
- Financial bubble may emerge in the electric car market
- Lamborghini Jarama, a charismatic sports car, celebrates its 50th anniversary
- Tesla wants to build third-generation charging stations in China
- Volkswagen will stop selling Passat sedan in Europe
- Tesla is already worth more than $ 550 billion – it entered the Top 6 most valuable companies in the US