Announced the release of the “charged” Toyota GR CorollaApril 18, 2020
With the same three-cylinder turbocharger as the GR Yaris-inspired rally, this car is designed to prove that the Corolla can be as cool as the GTI.
This story originally appeared in the Car and Driver issue in May 2020. A fashionable version of Corolla with the GR emblem (for “Gazoo Racing”) will be available soon. This will be Toyota’s first sports compact car with a high-speed Corolla XRS from the mid-2000s. This car will also apologize to the Americans, who are upset that they didn’t get the stunning GR Yaris inspired rally. GR-Corolla is due to appear in 2022 with a starting price of around $ 30,000.
GR Corolla will use the powerful turbocharged engine from GR Yaris, which pumps out 257 horsepower and 266 lb-ft of torque from just three cylinders with a 1.6-liter displacement. The same TNGA basics as the standard Corolla will be used, but they will be improved by tighter suspension settings, larger brakes and larger wheels wrapped in dirty summer tires.
- The roof of the Tesla Model X electric car collapses on the move
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors