Ancient iconic minibus Type 20 from VW turned into a modern electric carJuly 4, 2019
The model, which came off the assembly line in 1962, was stuffed with modern electronics, leaving the exterior unchanged.
The release of the updated model is associated with the rebranding of the VW laboratory engaged in research in the field of automotive electronics. Made in 1962, the concept car was modernized and gave it a lot of new features: display on the principles of holography, voice assistant, biometric security, transmission controlled by electronics.
Externally, the minibus looks like a retro car. But inside there are a lot of modern solutions. Some of them allowed to achieve maximum body strength while reducing weight. The original design of the wheels has turned out; outside mirrors and steering wheel look unusual.
Biometric protection is able to recognize the face of the car owner: if it does not coincide with the data entered to the on-board computer, the door will not open. The cabin is striking holographic display, giving out the parameters of movement and navigation. They are not going to start a car in a series, but if you need a minibus on an electric drive, in 2022 you should pay attention to VW’s ID Buzz. This is just the “element” of the model line, which includes equally interesting cars Vizzion, Buzz Cargo, ID3.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system