Analysts revealed 36,750 different manners to drive a carDecember 5, 2019
The driving style is influenced by many factors, in particular – the car itself and especially the type of power plant. A global study by Korean car company Hyundai and the British University of Warwick on how to drive a car yielded amazing results – it identified 36,750 styles.
As part of the experiment, a test for differences in driving was created, which took into account the different approach of people to cars with internal combustion engines on gasoline and diesel fuel, as well as hybrids, electric cars and hydrogen models. Software in respondents’ vehicles, including face recognition, steering sensors, pedal pressure and analysis using artificial intelligence, made it possible to create portraits of various drivers.
Here are some findings from the study:
- Men more often call themselves confident drivers than women.
- Women more often call themselves nervous drivers than men.
- Drivers of cars using alternative energy sources (that is, not ICE) almost never honk, often (42%) pass buses, try to thank other traffic participants (37%), but they like to skip a yellow traffic signal (20%).
- Owners of hybrids, electric cars and hydrogen cars more often call themselves calm drivers than those who operate ICE.
- They often listen to classical or jazz music in the car.
- Toy Cybertruck made of cardboard and toothpicks does a good job off-road
- Look at an old Toyota Camry with license plate fender flares
- Ather Electric showed a special variation of the 450X scooter
- Described the only way Schumacher communicates with the outside world
- Allard sports car production resumed after 62 years