An unusual G-Class pickup was captured on the roadSeptember 19, 2020
Instagram user @seenonwoodward shared a photo of a strange Mercedes-Benz G-Class SUV he met near Birmingham, UK.
The owner decided to convert the first generation Gelandewagen into a pickup truck, leaving the platform the same and cutting off only the roof over the luggage compartment.
Apparently, the photos show a variation of the G500. To turn the SUV into a pickup truck, the roof was made shorter and the upper part of the boot lid was cut off, moving it to the rear of the “cabin”. Despite the unusual appearance of Gelandewagen, the alteration came out of sufficient quality.
At the same time, there are other improvements: Gelandewagen was equipped with elements of external decor from the G63 AMG and an LED floodlight on the roof. In addition, it is distinguished by the presence of a 2-color body color: the yellow tint contrasts with the black body kit, roof and hood.
- Selfdriving Ford Mondeo to be tested in Oxford
- Electric SUV Mercedes EQC 4 × 4² tested in Italy
- Nissan is preparing an update to the popular frame pickup Navara
- Volkswagen has released a methane version of the Golf TGI
- Second US state wants to ban gasoline cars