Amazon Rivian electric vans hit the roads of the third American cityMay 4, 2021
The first city on the streets of which Amazon Rivian vans came out was Los Angeles. It was later joined by San Francisco. The third was Denver, Colorado.
Amazon Rivian electric vans are expanding their geography: they now deliver goods to three cities in the United States. Without recharging, such commercial electric cars will be able to travel about 240 kilometers.
Electric startup Rivian and American giant Amazon have been collaborating for several years: the young automaker has taken on the largest order for electric cars. Amazon needed 100,000 electric vans to deliver orders, and the project spared $ 700 million.
First, new battery vans hit the streets of Los Angeles. The launch was successful, after which the electric cars reached San Francisco. And the list of cities will only grow: now it includes Denver.
By next year, Amazon will receive 10,000 electric vans from the young startup.
The partner undertakes to deliver the remaining cars by 2030. With the help of electric cars, Amazon is going to “zero” CO2 emissions from its activities by 2040.
- Hyundai reveals plans to modernize its lineup
- Atelier Mansory has presented a completely wild version of the Ferrari Portofino
- New hatchback Cupra Leon came out in 242-horsepower petrol modification
- Renault shares details on new 1.2 TCe engine for Clio to Kadjar cars
- Renault aims to be Europe’s greenest brand by 2030