Amazon ordered 100,000 electric vans from RivianSeptember 20, 2019
One of the richest companies decided to get ahead of the plan for environmental standards by 10 years. For this, a contract was signed with startup Rivian for a huge batch of electric vans.
Startup Rivian has already received an order for 100,000 of its first light commercial vehicles. Amazon, led by Jeff Bezos, invested $ 700 million in Rivaian earlier this year. According to Jeff’s plan, by 2024, the company will use 80% of its energy from renewable sources. By 2030, it is planned to achieve zero carbon emissions.
As part of its green business development, Amazon will donate $ 100 million to The Nature Conservancy. A special fund will be created for this money, the purpose of which will be the protection and restoration of forests, swamps and water resources and peat bogs.
There is no information on future Rivian vans yet. According to preliminary information, the cars will be built on a proprietary platform, receive a twin-engine layout, and a large power reserve.
Courier vans will appear on the roads already in 2021, and by 2024 the contract for the supply of 100,000 cars should be closed.
- Ford GT40 from the movie “Ford vs Ferrari” will be sold at auction
- Updated Honda Civic lost virtual buttons in the cabin
- Ultra-rare Roadster Ferrari 599, redone Zagato, will go under the hammer
- Named the most popular supercars for track days
- Here’s how doorknob doors open on the Ford Mustang Mach-e electric crossover