Amazon buys self-driving car startup for $ 1.2 billionJune 29, 2020
Amazon-based Amazon to acquire Zoox Inc’s self-driving car startup for $ 1.2 billion.
It is reported by Reuters.
The publication reports that Amazon is going to jointly with Zoox create a fleet of robotic taxis, thus competing with Waymo, which is owned by Alphabet, the parent company of Google.
It is planned that Amazon can use Zoox to create unmanned aurora innovation vehicles to deliver goods.
At the moment, only Waymo, a competitor to Zoox, was able to launch such a service without drivers in Arizona at the end of 2018, but so far it has not been expanded to other states.
- Electric crossover Ioniq 5 unveiledin the screenshot
- New Toyota Land Cruiser 300 will be available for pre-order in March
- Mazda MX-5 turned into a retro roadster
- Ford to recall US police cars
- New Segway-transformer Ninebot received a racing wheel and a capacious battery