Amazon buys self-driving car startup for $ 1.2 billionJune 29, 2020
Amazon-based Amazon to acquire Zoox Inc’s self-driving car startup for $ 1.2 billion.
It is reported by Reuters.
The publication reports that Amazon is going to jointly with Zoox create a fleet of robotic taxis, thus competing with Waymo, which is owned by Alphabet, the parent company of Google.
It is planned that Amazon can use Zoox to create unmanned aurora innovation vehicles to deliver goods.
At the moment, only Waymo, a competitor to Zoox, was able to launch such a service without drivers in Arizona at the end of 2018, but so far it has not been expanded to other states.
- Schumacher was taken from a house in Switzerland
- Mercedes-AMG unveils sports stroller
- GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox crossovers can be purchased with a new engine
- Watch the blistering acceleration of a 700-horsepower VW Sharan minivan
- Showed the luxury Chinese supercrossover HiPhi X