Alonso: I can go faster, but not yet time to show the cardsJanuary 6, 2020
Two-time Formula 1 world champion Fernando Alonso completed his debut stage in Dakar on the verge of the top ten. The Spaniard showed 11th time and lost ten minutes to the fastest driver in a Toyota car Nasser Al-Attiyah.
“It was not without problems, but this applies to all participants. And so it will be constantly. We just tried to minimize problems, Alonso quotes Motorsport-Total. – The car worked fine, I felt comfortable driving. We must pass the first stages carefully: drive into the race, better understand the features of the car and get to know the terrain.
The result is approximately as I expected. I can go faster, but it’s not the time to reveal the cards. I hope that in the second week of the race the stages will be more calm. If everything is in order with the machine, then we can add.
I completely trust my navigator Mark Coma. Even when we start to stray, he says that this is normal and this will happen more than once. ”
- Electric crossover Ioniq 5 unveiledin the screenshot
- New Toyota Land Cruiser 300 will be available for pre-order in March
- Mazda MX-5 turned into a retro roadster
- Ford to recall US police cars
- New Segway-transformer Ninebot received a racing wheel and a capacious battery