Alfa Romeo Giulia became four-wheel driveJuly 16, 2020
The Italian automaker is expanding the Giulia’s supply range with an all-wheel-drive Veloce variant.
The Veloce Giulia is a sporty version of the Italian sedan, for which the 510 hp Giulia Q engine is considered too luxurious by Alfa Romeo. The Giulia Veloce is powered by a 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 280 horsepower, which is still sent to the rear wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission.
The new all-wheel drive Veloce accelerates to 100 km / h in 5.2 seconds and has a top speed of 240 km / h. This makes the new Veloce as fast as its rear-wheel drive alternative. However, the average consumption in the AWD variant with 8.8 l / 100 km is logically higher than in the rear-wheel drive variant, where it is 8.6 l / 100 km.
According to autoweek.nl, the Giulia Veloce with all-wheel drive is already available to order in Europe and has a starting price of 66,250 euros. For comparison, the existing rear-wheel drive variant is priced at 62,450 euros.
- Bentley Flying Spur Hybrid gets a limited edition
- Audi announces prices for Audi RS3 Sedan and Sportback
- IONIQ 7 SUV showed in the first images
- Mercedes-AMG S 63 received a 940-horsepower version from Posaidon
- Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus unveils hydrogen pickup