Alain Prost about why Renault opted for OconSeptember 11, 2019
Next season, Esteban Ocon will play in the Renault factory team instead of Niko Hulkenberg. Renault Sport Racing Director Alain Prost explained this choice …
Alain Prost: “The next season promises to be difficult for Renault, so we needed a rider with good motivation. In this situation, we don’t want to have pessimistic pilots in the team, so we chose Ocon, which are very motivated after the missed season.
Hulkenberg is sometimes negative, although at some point he is right. But we need to look forward, any pessimism will not benefit the team. Frankly, soon we will completely concentrate on developing the machine for 2021, so the next season may turn out to be mediocre, even unsuccessful.
In 2021, in Formula 1, the rules will seriously change, for us there is no point in developing the design of the car in 2020. We are aimed at serious progress in 2021 and will do our best for this. ”
- Koenigsegg will bring to Geneva a new hybrid hypercar
- Citroen introduced the new DS 4 for winter tests
- Named 2020 cars with the best interiors
- The new Toyota Land Cruiser will be cheaper than its predecessor
- The characteristics of the updated Hyundai i30 published