After 20 years of losses, Opel reported a profit.March 2, 2019
For 20 years, the company worked at a loss. However, the other day, Groupe PSA CEO Carlos Tavares officially announced that Opel ended 2018 with a profit of $ 978 million. For comparison, in 2017, the company’s losses amounted to $ 204 million.
It should be noted that a turn for the better happened after General Motors sold Opel in August 2017. It was acquired by the group of companies Groupe PSA, which in the first year instead of losses began to make a profit. PSA announced its future plans: “having surpassed the initial goals set for the period from 2016 to 2018, from 2019 to 2021, the company plans to increase the profitability of operating profit by 4.5% on average”.
For example, in accordance with the new plans, the Opel Corsa F will receive a fully electric version with a 50 kW / h battery and a Peugeot e-208 engine. The hatchback promises to be cheaper than the Ampera-e due to the use of other Groupe PSA brands, and localized production.
- Electric crossover Ioniq 5 unveiledin the screenshot
- New Toyota Land Cruiser 300 will be available for pre-order in March
- Mazda MX-5 turned into a retro roadster
- Ford to recall US police cars
- New Segway-transformer Ninebot received a racing wheel and a capacious battery