African teenager builds $ 200 car out of trashDecember 31, 2020
Travel blogger Drew Binski recently revealed on his YouTube channel a story about a Ghanaian teenager named Kelvin who built a car from what was found at a nearby landfill.
Kelvin’s parents said that the boy always loved to tinker with various pieces of iron – however, as a child, he built toy planes and helicopters from scrap materials. And the parents of the teenager are simply afraid of the car developed by him: for the first time on his own creation Kelvin rode secretly from his mother.
It took the teenager about three years to build the car. It is based on a tubular frame, the suspension is assembled from elements from old motorcycles, the motor is also from a bike. Panels from old containers were used as “cladding” of the body, at the same time Kelvin’s car has doors in the style of “gull wing” and even an impressive wing.
The designer of the original transport was still forced to acquire some details. Kelvin, as he noted, bought parts from time to time and little by little, for this reason he cannot name the exact amount of money that was spent on the car. However, according to calculations, it took him less than $ 200.
In addition, some time ago, Daihatsu prototypes were declassified for the Tokyo Motor Show, which will be held online due to the coronavirus pandemic. It should be emphasized that the prototypes were based on the kei cars that the company is currently producing.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km