Acura introduced the Acura Type S conceptFebruary 7, 2020
Acura showed off its Type S concept last year in August.
According to information provided by Acura, the Type S concept design includes what is called Precision and Performance. It all starts with the outstanding Diamond Pentagon grille in front, surrounded by Jewel Eye LED headlights with Chicane daytime running lights – the latter inspired by the ARX-05 Daytona prototype.
Other design features include a massive front bumper and its carbon fiber splitter that covers the edges, carbon fiber side skirts, muscular rear fenders, a dynamic roof line, 21-inch alloy wheels with Brembo brakes, a spoiler and a carbon fiber diffuser.
Technically, this car has a Fastback design similar to the BMW 4-Series Gran Coupe, so calling it a sedan is not entirely true. However, if sedans want to survive in the distant future, they will have to adapt and become either more practical, more dynamic looking.
Although the Japanese automaker did not talk about which engine is under the hood of the Type S concept, he previously stated that the high-performance V6 turbocharged unit was developed specifically for the Type S brand.
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup