Acura announces sports sedan with new V6 turbo engineMay 22, 2020
Acura has published a teaser for the next-generation TLX sedan, which will have a “charged” modification of the Type S with a new six-cylinder supercharged engine. The car will premiere on May 28, 2020.
The second-generation Acura TLX sedan will be the first model of the Japanese brand in 10 years to receive the Type S sports modification. The car will be equipped with a completely new three-liter V6 turbo unit.
According to preliminary data, the engine output will be about 400 horsepower. The engine will work together with the branded SH-AWD, which, if necessary, is able to transfer up to 100% of torque to each of the rear wheels.
Judging by the teaser, the sedan will receive four twin exhaust pipes, a small spoiler on the trunk lid and a rear diffuser. The Type S version will differ from the standard TLX transmission, steering and suspension with sports settings, as well as enhanced braking mechanisms.
- Charged Ford Mustang Mach-E GT arrives in Europe
- Porsche 911 GT3 will debut in January 2021
- Audi is preparing a hybrid version of the Audi R8
- Mulliner officially unveils three refined Bentley models
- First live images of Audi Q5 Sportback published