According to Ferrari forecasts, results will decrease by 1.5 secondsFebruary 17, 2019
According to the calculations of Ferrari, the changes made to the regulations on the aerodynamics, will affect the speeds: on average, the results on the circle can be reduced by about 1.5 seconds.
“We predicted that the results on the circle will decrease by 1.5 seconds, and when we conducted research in a wind tunnel, this was confirmed,” said Mattia Binotto, head and technical director of Ferrari. – Machines have become heavier than they were last year, their aerodynamics significantly simplified, especially the front wing. So our calculations were correct.
So now the question is: how much in the process of finishing the car, we will be able to play that 1.5 seconds? The extent to which it will be possible to other teams, we only know when the race will begin. “
However, even if these predictions are confirmed, the regulation’s adjustment was not aimed directly at reducing speeds, but at raising the races’ entertainment: theoretically, cars with updated, less efficient aerodynamics should allow riders to chase rivals closely and make overtaking. To what extent this task is completed, it will really become clear only in the course of the season.
- The blogger ordered an online sports car for $ 31,000. And this is what he was eventually brought
- Ferrari coupe turned into original limited model
- Tesla on autopilot accelerated to 150 km / h while the driver slept
- Ford showed first image of F-150 electric pickup
- Electric Mercedes EQS prototype spotted on tests