A wave of strange thefts: 900 cars were left without neutralizersApril 24, 2019
Brazen thieves in broad daylight steal catalytic converters to extract precious metals from them. London police are up to date and working!
In the video, taken from the window of the house, you can see how two malefactors, having parked their car on the road, jack up a foreign Ford and cut off a neutralizer with an electric saw in which there is a small amount of precious metals. These precious metals are constantly rising in price, which made them the subject of desire of intruders. The main precious metal in the catalytic converter is platinum, but there are several other equally valuable, such as palladium, rhodium, copper, nickel, cerium and manganese.
Police suspect that in the capital there are several gangs of intruders, because in less than a year in London there were about 900 such thefts.
Tighter emissions standards in cars around the world have led to higher prices for these metals, especially platinum, palladium and rhodium. Extracted metals can be resold for hundreds of pounds.
The police have already published a statement saying that they know about the problem and are dealing with it. “We are concentrating resources on identifying suspects, as well as providing recommendations to car owners on the prevention of such crimes. We are also working with automakers to find ways to solve this problem, ”a statement from the police informs DailyMail.
- New footage from the tests of the powerful Chevrolet Corvette Z06 hit the network
- The compact crossover Hyundai Venue has surpassed the sales of the Suzuki Vitara Brezza
- Bentley posted record quarterly sales. The rich still need new toys
- Cupra to launch D28 Formentor motorboat in Formentor VZ5 crossover style
- Bentley unveils new Continental GT Speed with rear steering system