A real Xiaomi car can still become a realityJuly 3, 2020
Car manufacturers should not write off Xiaomi
Last week, Xiaomi published a teaser showing the silhouette of a car. It was later announced that this is not a real car, but the Suzuki Jimny model, which is made in 1:16 scale.
Yes, at the moment the company has not introduced a car, but this does not mean that such a product is not included in its plans. In 2017, a Chinese company filed an application with India, which suggests that it could sell electric cars.
Last year, Xiaomi, together with Besturn FAW Group, prepared a special version of the Bestune T77 crossover, which allows owners to remotely control Xiaomi smart home products using voice commands in the car. The price of such a car is about 17,000 dollars.
Only last month, Xiaomi registered a Chinese brand, which can roughly be translated as the “Xiaomi automobile alliance.” So do not write off Xiaomi, talking about the prospects of the car industry.
At the same time, an employee of Xiaomi told the Financial Times that at present the company does not have cars in production.
- In Brazil, a bus crashed from a 35-meter bridge
- LG Chem will double its battery production to meet growing Tesla demand
- Started accepting orders for an electric car with a power reserve of 1,600 kilometers
- Honda will stop selling cars with internal combustion engines in Europe
- Siemens and Porsche to build a climate-neutral fuel plant