A new generation of Opel Astra will be released in 2021July 1, 2019
The updated hatchback Opel Astra is being prepared for the debut, which will remain on the market for at least two years. That’s because the release of a new generation of the model will take place only in 2021, which is now officially announced.
From the message of Opel it is clear that the model will be built on the EMP2 platform of the PSA Group concern – this will allow the use of hybrid power units. Astra production will remain in Germany at the same factory in Rüsselsheim, where they produce the flagship model Opel Insignia.
Opel Director General Michael Loshshler said that returning Astra to Rüsselsheim, where the car was made from 2009 to 2015, will ensure the work of production in two shifts and guarantees the future of the plant. Now Astra is assembled in Ellesmer Port (Great Britain) and Gliwice (Poland).
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web