A new generation of Mitsubishi Pajero will appear next yearMarch 29, 2020
In the second half of last year, the Japanese automaker announced the cessation of production of the legendary SUV.
Good news came for fans of the legendary Japanese SUV Mitsubishi Pajero. The automaker is working on the fifth generation of the car, which will be presented in 2021. Such information was shared by Autohome. Recall that in October last year, Mitsubishi announced that they would no longer release Pajero, since its platform is very outdated compared to its competitors, and modernization requires a very large investment.
The new Mitsubishi Pajero will change dramatically – the car will lose its frame structure and will be executed on a modular platform. It is already known that the development is in tandem with Nissan. This suggests that the car can largely repeat the Nissan Pathfinder SUV. Already appeared preliminary information about the power plant of the new car.
The fifth-generation Mitsubishi Pajero may get a hybrid powerplant. The base will be a 2.4-liter naturally aspirated engine with a return of 128 hp, which will work with two electric motors located on the front and rear axles.
Their return is 82 and 95 hp. respectively.
- Skoda prepares rival Renault Duster for sale
- Mercedes-Benz CL600 coupe from the 90s for sale
- Tesla will build a new plant to assemble trucks and sports cars
- All-new Nissan Skyline R34 sports car for half a million dollars at auction
- Photos of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 with solar panels on the roof published