A copy of the Bugatti Veyron was rated 20 times cheaper than the originalSeptember 17, 2019
A resident of Florida put up for sale a fake hypercar for 125 thousand dollars
An ad appeared on one of the American car sales sites: a car that at first glance looks like a 2012 Bugatti Veyron can be bought for 125 thousand dollars. For comparison, the cost of this Veyron reaches $ 2.5 million.
The seller does not hide the true origin of the car: this is the 2002 Mercury Cougar, whose body was stylized as a French hypercar. The false Veyron is powered by a 2.5-liter V6 engine with 170 horsepower, while the Bugatti Veyron is seven times more powerful: it is equipped with a W16 8.0 unit that produces 1200 hp.
Speaking about the similarity of this Cougar to Veyron, it is worth noting a retractable spoiler, headlights and lanterns similar to the original ones, as well as air intakes. Among the differences from the original are the absence of carbon parts, sloppy welds and wheels. Inside, fake steering wheel, gear lever and door panels.
However, the owner himself does not try to pass off the car as a real Veyron – he calls his creation a “replica”. But, apparently, not all users carefully read the description of the model, as a number of criticisms fell upon the man. “I received very strange and even disgusting messages,” – he said. “But there were pleasant reviews among them that raised my spirits.”
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry