A collection of rally cars from Group B to be auctionedJanuary 27, 2021
Seven cars will be sold at the Artcurial auction in Paris.
In 1982, the era of Group B began. Then automakers could put unregulated cars on races, which they used with success. Then all-wheel drive and turbines became popular in motorsport. It wasn’t until 1986 that the FIA banned this class after several driver deaths during the races.
It is reported that the collection of seven Group B cars was put together by Michel Hommel – the creator of the Manoir de l’Automobile museum in France. The cost of the entire collection is estimated at at least $ 4.4 million. The central car of this collection alone, the Audi Quattro Sport S1, is expected to generate approximately $ 1.2 million.
It is worth noting that in addition to Audi, the collection includes the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 – one of 20 built cars that is considered a French technological achievement, Lancia 037, Lancia Delta S4, Ford RS200, Renault 5 Maxi Turbo and MG Metro 6R4.
- Porsche may return to Formula 1
- Mercedes-Benz has published the first teaser of the new EQS
- In Singapore, cars with internal combustion engines will be banned by 2025
- Geely and Mercedes-Benz to unveil Smart electric crossover concept
- Lamborghini reveals details of its new Huracan STO