A blind auto mechanic first sat behind the wheel and accelerated to 200 km / hFebruary 15, 2019
Bart Hickey, who was blind from birth, who worked as an auto mechanic for 30 years, first sat behind the wheel of a car and was able to accelerate to 200 kilometers per hour. The car, a 585-horsepower AMG GT R coupe, was provided by Mercedes-Benz.
The first trip by car to Bartu Hickey, who always dreamed of driving independently, was presented by his son Brendan. He agreed with Mercedes, who organized a supercar ride on the dry lake Elvord in Oregon.
In February, the blind driver was able to drive the Top Gear track better than the sighted. He showed the ninth best time among all participants of the category “Star in a budget car.” For arrival used coupe Toyota GT86.
At the beginning of this year, a blind driver behind the wheel of a Honda NSX was able to accelerate to 244 kilometers per hour. At the same time, the world record for blind drivers is 308.78 kilometers per hour.
- Mercedes-Benz recalls 270,000 C-Class cars over potential fire
- Volvo will turn its hometown into a green polygon by 2030
- Hydrogen hypercar Hyperion XP-1 spotted on trials in Las Vegas
- Updated crossover Kia Sportage will be presented in 2021
- Coupe-cross Volkswagen Tiguan X is sold much worse than the standard version