91-year-old driver will return to World Rally ChampionshipJune 10, 2021
Sobeslav Zasada will take part in the 6th stage of the 2021 WRC – Rally Kenya.
For the veteran, this will be the first start after a 24-year hiatus. The racer chose a Ford Fiesta Rally3 car for himself.
It is worth noting that his last performance was also at the Safari Rally. In 1997, he, along with his co-driver wife, finished 12th overall and 2nd in the PWRC category. The greatest success of the Polish athlete in the Safari Rally was 2nd place in 1972. While driving a Porsche 911S, Ambush was second only to the legendary Hann Mikkole.
In general, Sobeslav cannot be called an ordinary racer. During his career, he has achieved great success. The racer is a 3-time European champion, and also won the title of vice-champion of Europe 3 times. In those days, when Ambush had not yet retired from motorsport, the world championship did not exist, in this regard, the European championship was the main battleground for the best rally drivers in the world.
- The head of Tesla advertises the electric motor of the new supercar Tesla Roadster
- General Motors will release a low-cost 9-seater car
- Subaru introduced in Japan the updated crossover Forester 2022
- Jeep officially opens new plant in Detroit
- Tesla may start accepting Bitcoin payments again