7 applicants for the title of the best car in Europe announcedNovember 25, 2019
The organizers of the competition “European Car of the Year” announced a short list of applicants for victory.
The organizers of the competition “European Car of the Year” (ECOTY) announced a short list of applicants for victory.
The third generation BMW 1-Series hatchback, the Ford Puma compact crossover, the new Peugeot 208 and Renault Clio compact cars, as well as the new generation Toyota Corolla, claim to win the competition. In addition, there are two completely green cars on the list – the Porsche Taycan and Tesla Model 3.
These cars were selected from a wider list, which included more than 30 models. This year, the jury is represented by 60 journalists from 23 countries, each of which, at its discretion, distributed 25 points between the participants. Finalists of the award will be announced in about a month, and the winner will be announced in March 2020 at the Geneva Motor Show.
Recall, the winner of the previous competition was the electric crossover Jaguar I-Pace. For the first time in more than half a century of history, triumph competitions could be announced only after the second round of voting, as the Jaguar I-Pace scored an equal number of points with the French sports coupe Alpine A110 (250 points each). In an additional stage of voting, most of the participants preferred the British model.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry