24 hours of Le Mans will take place anywayMarch 17, 2020
Every day new messages come about the cancellation or transfer of stages of various racing series. In mid-June, a 24-hour Le Mans marathon is planned, but due to the coronavirus pandemic, it is impossible to say with certainty that the race will take place in the initial time.
Pierre Fillon, president of the ACO automobile club, which organizes 24 hours of Le Mans, says that in 2020, the marathon will definitely take place, possibly on other dates.
“The current situation is extremely unstable, both in France and abroad,” Fillon quotes Le Mans official website. – New restrictions and recommendations are constantly being introduced. They vary from country to country, depending on the situation with the virus and the precautions taken. Together we found ourselves in this unprecedented situation. Flexibility is a key factor, and we act as actively as possible.
As for the 24 hours of Le Mans on June 13-14, 2020, we monitor the situation and follow the orders of the authorities. We will announce our decision on April 15th. No matter what happens, this year’s marathon will take place. ”
- Ken Block’s Ford Mustang loses a drag race for the first time
- China will double the production of batteries for electric cars
- Ford F-150 electric version released
- New Skoda Enyaq iV Acoustic Signature will receive a unique soundtrack
- Mercedes-AMG has published prices for the extreme sports car GT Black Series 2021